6:48 AM Comment0 Comments

I've done it. I've seen Interpol live.

And I am pretty dang well satisfied.

It's been a good almost 2 1/2 weeks since. I understand how many feel after seeing a band they love. There's a definite withdrawal. I made a playlist based off the setlist in Chicago. I completely spaced out to them at an airport. I missed a flight, because of it. Not proud of that moment, trust me. :P

There's a little ache in my heart. I'm listening to 'Lighthouse' at the moment. It hurts. But it's a good hurt.




Review of the gig:

Interpol
@ The Aragon Ballroom, Chicago
October 11, 2007


Pioneer to the Falls
Obstacle 1
C'mere
NARC
Say Hello to the Angels
The Scale
Mammoth
Take You On A Cruise
No I in Threesome
Slow Hands
Rest My Chemistry
The Heinrich Maneuver
Evil
Not Even Jail
---
Untitled
Stella
PDA

----

Liars were interesting. Never heard them before. It was like this big wall of sound. I was intrigued and entertained, especially by the lead singer. Drumming was wicked. Almost tribal-ish.

When Interpol went on, wow. I had been looking forward to that point for ages, and could hardly believe I was there. I was up front left, one person off the rail. Daniel Kessler was right in front of me. When they came out, I was just like, eyes wide open, hands covering my mouth.

They were RIGHT there. I wasn't dreaming, I wasn't imagining it. They have this little orchestration bit at the beginning...and Dan would be already swaying to the music, getting in the zone...just lovely to see that up close. :D When they started Pioneer, my facial expression (eyes wide open, hands over my mouth) stayed like that for a little while.

It was so easy to get lost in the music, to dance. For always and ever, I'll never let go... Indeed. :)

Pioneer to the Falls...I fell in love with that song again, especially the climax. It makes me tear up a little. Mammoth didn't take me as much, which surprised me. I was VERY excited to hear C'mere, as it's my fave. Was excited to hear No I in Threesome. I love that music vid, and seeing it played live increased my love for that song. It's strangely endearing. Not Even Jail is amazing live! It was a bit emotional, singing along. The lyrics are more striking especially after seeing it live...Amazing.

People really popped for Untitled. I must've squeed a bit too loud. I got a weird look.

Undoubtedly, one awesome gig. It went by way too fast, but didn't seem to have a bad bit to it! It seemed like a great crowd. Good energy.

I met some awesome people that night, got an autograph from Carlos. I think he still has my pen, and I find that funny.

It was worth it to travel so far to see them. I'd do it again, no doubt.

Carlos!



My signed ticket. :)


And the only live pic I got...and my new cell phone pic. :D

0 comments: