2:58 AM Comment0 Comments




I'm going to try a new thing on this blog. I have a last.fm and it usually scrobbles what I listen to on a daily basis. I think some plays have been missed, but whatev. At the beginning, I've put up a screenshot of the 'Most Played Artists' of that week.

This week, it's been a bit of a nostalgic week. That explains the Stone Temple Pilots, The Offspring, Weezer, Oasis, Weird Al and Green Day. I really started getting into music, my own music, when I hit high school. 1995-1996, Freshman year. MTV was playing more of the alternative stuff then(broad term, I know), and that's what I started to latch onto. Oasis, as I've said before, was my big love. And I watched a lot of MTV and VH-1 trying to catch "Wonderwall" or "Champagne Supernova," and by the way I would catch songs like Smashing Pumpkins' "Bullet with Butterfly Wings," STP's "Big Bang Baby," and "Burden in my Hand" by Soundgarden. The Weird Al listening was limited pretty much to 'Alternative Polka' and 'Amish Paradise.'

It was a good time for me, and I miss it a lot for the music.

But looking at the rest of my top played, there was a definite Beatles resurgence, spurned on by my constant 'Traveling Wilburys' listening. There's a lot of 'While my Guitar Gently Weeps' listening there. Sigur Ros, is always lovely. I've been playing them as I drifted off to sleep. I've finally received my DVD of Heima, so I'll be watching that soon.

Yeasayer are just an incredible indie band. Quality each time. The Raveonettes are a band I always have love for. I've been behind, so I didn't realize they released a new album. When I get the chance I will definitely get that.

eMusic, how I love that website. I've just got Elliott Smith's "Either/Or" and Stars' "Set Yourself on Fire" and Mason Jennings's self-titled debut. Mason is coming to the Kokua Festival this year (and I'm going, woot!), so I'm doing a bit of musical research. Kokua is featuring Mason, Paula Fuga, Go Jimmy Go, DAVE MATTHEWS and Tim Reynolds, and of course, Jack Johnson.

I also bought 'Live at Radio City' by Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds. Ooh, I get to see 'Gravedigger' live. Sweeeeet.

Oh, and iTunes, I spent waaay too much in there this week! I can't justify using Limewire, so I bought a lot of singles off there during the 90s nostalgic phase. I also bought 'Poses' by Rufus Wainwright. Really, really lovely.

I think I have like 18 more downloads on eMusic for the month, but I think I will save that for Mason Jennings. We'll see.

Anyway. That's it for now. I've got a lot of music to report in on within the week, so laters. :)

0 comments: