5:33 AM Comment1 Comments










Well, I sit here in the midst of an Interpol listening resurgence, and I realize that I haven't done that weekly updating thing. Jebus, I should get on that. I have however, been taking screenshots of my Top Artists on Last.fm for the past 3 weeks, and that's what you see above.

The first image is from 3 weeks ago. I was falling asleep listening to The Beatles on the iPod (also had a bit of a mini-resurgence there with them). Rufus Wainwright bolted straight into my top played, as I had just bought his album "Poses" then. I liked it at first listen, but haven't given it as much time as it should have. It's a good one so far though. Same goes for Mason Jennings' debut. "California"'s a tune.

A lot of listening over the past weeks have been more happy stuff, but I did start delving into some Tool 2 weeks ago, as seen in the second picture. That came from talking with my co-worker. We were mainly knocking Paul McCartney in the 70's post-Beatles. We're not big fans. I don't hate McCartney, I love they guy, but just didn't like that era. My co-worker mentioned that The Beatles couldn't play the complex stuff like Tool, and I countered with "If there were no Beatles, there would be no Tool...or anything else." That then turned into a "Could you imagine them doing Stinkfist?"

Admittedly, that was the only Tool song I was really into...I do like The Pot, but am unfamiliar with the others. I did know Tool came to Hawaii, and maybe they'll come again, so I started to download. I searched on Google for top Tool songs, and went a-downloadin' and listened a lot. I like it. Probably the heaviest I will go musically.

Flight of the Conchords -- fueled by the "Bowie" song of theirs, they have by consequence found themselves in my Top Played. The constants (a nod to that waaaaay awesome LOST episode 2 weeks ago) have been stellastarr* and FotC. They've both been in the top for the past 3 weeks. The Conchords were my actual top played this past week (3rd image). Is it fueled by my little mini-crush on Jemaine? Probably so. Damn him.

Anyway...I know they're on tour at the moment. I'd really love to see them live. The next live gig will be the Kokua Festival. It should be fun. I have to brush up on my Jack Johnson listening. I can't listen to too much of his at work...not really the place for that, haha. I have Mason Jennings' first album, as previously mentioned. eMusic has a bunch of his others, so I will help myself. I also need to listen to Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds' album as well. I like it. It should be fun.

One last bit...Stone Temple Pilots. I think I may buy an album. I like them a lot. That's going in the "Gonna buy sometime" list. I have it sitting somewhere in my head, haha.

Anyway. That's it for now. Toodles, kids.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Juvs, when are you gonna post again? Hahaha :)