11:38 PM Comment0 Comments







Well, Saw Third Eye Blind @ Pipeline on Saturday. PimpBot opened. PimpBot was sweet, really fun. I'll probably get something of theirs in the near future. I had some pictures of them but they're all really blurry and stuff. I was trying to sort out camera settings in that type of environment.

It was really stuffed and cramped getting up the front. I didn't quite get up close as I wanted. I didn't eat before I got there, so I got food. Next time I'm eating before I get there. I'll get a better spot next time for MGMT. Loads of sweaty people too, many wasted. But it was still cool. I went with my brother and other friends but ended going up closer and they stayed back. Easier to move by yourself, anyway. Just follow the moving people. Hee hee.

Anyway! Third Eye Blind. Really really awesome. They hold up well live. I think they really enjoyed that the place was packed. They played a lot of new stuff on the upcoming album (Ursa Major). Sounded really good. Maybe half the set was new stuff. He kept saying, "This is another new one..." which was fine. They played their known stuff inbetween, so that was cool.

Setlist:

Third Eye Blind
Pipeline Cafe - Honolulu, Hawaii
June 29, 2009

Techno intro
Faster
Non-Dairy Creamer
Wounded
Crystal Baller
Can You Take Me
Never Let You Go
Don't Believe A Word
Losing a Whole Year
Why Can't You Be
A Motorcycle Drive By
Bonfire
Jumper (with awesome guitar + drum solos...that drummer is a beast)
Semi-Charmed Life/Ride Wit Me (you know..."hey! must be the money!")

Encore:
Slow Motion
I Want You Back (Jackson 5 cover)
How's It Going To Be
Bonfire (reprise)

It got pretty funky in places, with some crowd surfing, during points. They played a lot of their old hits (Semi-Charmed Life, Jumper, Never Let You Go). But freaking A, it was amazing. Everyone was totally singing along to those hits. This really drunk lady was next to me slurring that "This is awesome." She was really huggy, but that's sort of what you get when you want to press forward and are a bit friendly. :D

I'd do it again. Bring on MGMT!

My video of 3EB's "I Want You Back":



My version's kind of buzzy. Here's a better version by agiraffeplant:





More vids :

Motorcycle Drive-By (lucky015--had a lot of good vid from the gig):



Losing a Whole Year (lucky015)



Slow Motion (by agiraffeplant)



Semi-Charmed Life (lucky015)

0 comments: