6:01 PM Comment0 Comments




Wellll...Not quite sure how I manage to keep up with this anymore, but uhm, welcome to the new year? I did start off with listening to Sigur Ros' Hoppipolla as the new year rang in with rain and fireworks--and the year started off well, even though leaning toward the end of 2008, I felt a bit low. Must have been the weather.

In the early hours of 2009, I underwent my annual "Clearing out of iTunes." Spring cleaning, as it were. And of course, I had to screen cap it all. I mean, I think it was pretty crazy--especially the last six months.

The end of year iTunes library: (click on pics for full image)



The total plays for Radiohead, Oasis, and Interpol. Radiohead, of course, coming through in a big way.





Keep in mind, the bulk of the Radiohead plays came within the last six months of 2008. When I tell you I had a MASSIVE addiction, I'm being quite serious.

Anyway, Top 25 of 2008--the top played track was at 700(Radiohead's Jigsaw Falling Into Place). My top played in 2007 was 228 (Interpol's C'mere)

So again, addiction. I think the low count in 2007 was attributed to the fact that I may have not had a computer at some stages. And 2008 saw me getting a Shuffle which aided a lot in keeping a high play count.

Anyway this is the top 25 played in 2008:



For any comparison to 2007, you can look at this post.

The order in which I put music back in:

1. Radiohead (re-bought OK Computer just because, and re-bought Pablo Honey because I forgot to back it up on the external HD)
2. Interpol
3. Oasis
4. Fleet Foxes
5. Bon Iver

Fleet Foxes and Bon Iver, because I was in the mood. The only truly required were the first 3...oh and...

6. Muse
7. The Smiths

In any re-adding back into the computer...the first 3 (Radiohead being the recent, but Interpol and especially Oasis are required). Muse and The Smiths are what I suspect will be thrust into the top 10 or 5....I don't know. I can anticipate my listening habits. Radiohead sure came in a big way. I wouldn't have anticipated that they would have become my favorite band. I mean, I've mentioned that I've always admired them, but something changed---and it's a lot different now.

I have iTunes on Shuffle at the moment, and I haven't added anything since The Smiths...maybe Thom Yorke's "The Eraser." I'll hold off for now, though.

Anyway...I leave you with my top 5 at the moment:

1. Your Protector - Fleet Foxes
2. Let Down - Radiohead
3. This Charming Man - The Smiths
4. Skinny Love - Bon Iver
5. Optimistic - Radiohead

0 comments: